and, to top it all off, it's finally FALL!

Thursday, September 15, 2011

This week has been a very happy one. Judah is on this major learning kick, which means he is spending most of his days looking at books and identifying what things are. First you'll hear him quacking, meowing, mooing, or neighing emphatically, and then he'll try to pronounce what he sees (that's Duh! Cah! Cow! Hoss! - not to mention POPPY!). He's becoming quite the little conversationalist. At supper yesterday he was trying very hard to convince us why he should not eat the salad set before him. The problem with trying to be firm with a toddler is that sometimes they are just so FUNNY and you can't keep a straight face. Judah had me in tears last night from his hilarity.

Other happies this week include my first real attempt to use my sewing machine. Unlike the majority of the North American world, I did not have the opportunity to take Home Economics in school. My sewing machine is a mysterious creature that I have had the challenge of getting to know without any help. I have mastered the skill of making it jam. I have also broken the reverse switch. But, besides all that, I am seeing why sewing is such a great hobby. I am almost finished my very first project (a ring sling carrier) and the pride I feel having accomplished something useful is a little embarrassing. It's not like I've made a wedding dress or anything... but! This double-layered strip of fabric? I MADE IT!

Benjamin is six weeks old today! He's not quite up to saying words yet, but he is starting to make cute little cooing sounds. He's also smiling much more freely. His play mat is pretty much his favourite thing in the world... besides the obvious. His head is still relatively bald, and so are his eyebrows. He's a little soother baby, which is kind of a relief. He's also got the hang of this whole breastfeeding thing as of late. I'm finally healing up, and he's finally latching and sucking nice and deep. Oh, and he's GROWING. He is currently sporting a 3-6 month sleeper... that fits him right now and probably won't for much longer. He's just so long!

And now my presence is required by one of my children - the little bald one.

PS - this is what milk does to him.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)