just peachy

Monday, September 05, 2011

I've kind of been avoiding blogging because the only thing that's going to come off this keyboard is a sob story about breastfeeding. It's true. Things have not been going the best. What I am really thankful for is that Benjamin is continuing to gain a good amount of weight - that in and of itself is what keeps me going. The problem is that I am in so much pain when he sucks. Latching on makes me want to scream, and the rest of it is kind of like Chinese water torture. My midwife was shocked that things hadn't gotten better over the last week, but she doesn't think I have thrush. So, this week I'm attempting to pump everything Benjamin eats. It's kind of scary to me to risk getting him hooked on the bottle, but what else can I do? I could buy one of those fandancy bottles that cost a small fortune, but I hate the thought of getting barely any use out of it before it's tossed to the storage pile. I'm also not convinced I can't pump as much as Benjamin can suck from the breast. At any rate, this is what I'm doing and I hope it helps.

As far as the rest of life goes, things are just peachy. We have our bi-weekly small group tonight, which is always such an awesome challenge and encouragement - not to mention wonderful fellowship! Joey also has had three whole days off, thanks to this concept called weekends and the even better one known as long weekends. We spent time with his family, watched the Roughriders slaughter the Bombers (woot!), and simply enjoyed being a family of four. Oh, and we really enjoyed the nice, cool weather!

And now I will let these pictures dictate the rest of this post.

I am loving the doubles seat on our Phil&Teds stroller. While one is safely snuggled under here...
...the other can enjoy the scenery up here! (He is unhappy in this picture because he was playing with sand and  then had to suffer the sensation of dirty hands for the whole walk.
Benjamin is becoming ever so more alert these days! What do you expect for a ONE MONTH OLD?
Judah thinks our rocking chair is a horse. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)