Helpless.

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

I don't think I will ever be reconciled to the fact that my boys will get sick. I can't believe how hard it is as a parent to see your child(ren) ill. As I mentioned before, Judah has a cold. A bad cold. Yesterday he slept nearly all day long. He even put himself back in bed after his second nap because he was just so tired. Although I sometimes begrudge the "chaos" that abounds in this house on a regular basis, said "chaos" is infinitely preferable to a house that is quiet and tidy because your toddler is sick. Joey took Judah to the doctor yesterday because we were really concerned about him. Thank Jesus, he has no infections, no pneumonia, and no strep throat. It's just a really bad cold, the doctor said. He has been thoroughly catered to over the last fee days, with very little improvement. This morning, however, thing are seeming much better. He actually didn't cough for a full half hour after he got up this morning! I thank Jesus for his tender care of our family.

While I may feel helpless in my own power to "make it better", I am never truly helpless. I take great comfort in knowing that nothing escapes God's notice.

1 comment:

  1. Amen to your last sentences! Nothing escapes God's notice. Poor little boy, hope he keeps feeling better!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)