on room sharing

Saturday, February 18, 2012

We finally did it. We finally decided to move Benjamin and Judah into the same room. It's a bit scary to do so, knowing full well that Ben isn't really that consistent with sleeping through the night, and Judah is two ('nuff said). The pros, however, definitely outweigh the cons. The biggest positive is that Joey and I will finally have our own room. Except for maaaaybe two months in the summer, we have not had our own room since Judah was born. Well, unless you consider having our bed in our living room/kitchen our "own room". I don't doubt that part of the reason that Ben is still waking up in the night is because it was just so easy for him to do so when we were five feet away. 

Anyways, all of this is to say that Day One of room sharing has been a moderate success for this family. Nap time, although shorter than normal, still happened. And right now, both boys are sound asleep. Ben decided that he wanted to be Mr. Sensitive and put up a fuss for bed time, but the situation was easily remedied. 

Every little step forward that we make with our children makes me feel that much more comfortable with this whole parenting thing. Notice I did not say "confident" - I never want to trust in my own ability to do something and forget that everything I have is a grace from God. Looking into their cozy little shared room today, I had visions of days down the road. I imagined both boys giggling together under the covers late at night when they should be sleeping. I anticipated all of the bed time stories that I just know will be begged of me in the not-so-distant future. I kind of fell in love (again) with this wonderful position that God has so graciously placed us in at this time in life. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)