thankful indeed

Thursday, February 02, 2012

Might I just start off by bragging about our new dog a bit? Yes?

Lacie has adapted beautifully to her new home. She is becoming more obedient as she learns that we are her new masters. Still, it's hard to keep her under control when you initially go outside because she's So! Excited! To! See! You!  It's something we're working on. What I'm REALLY proud of, though, is that she is now running off-leash! Sometime in the night her collar came off, and she let us know by whining at the door instead of running away. That little stint was enough to make us realize that she does not need to be tied up. Her love for us keeps her here!


{By the way, here are my first two entries for the February Photo A Day Challenge. There's still time to jump in!} 

Now, what am I thankful for today?

Well, I think it's obvious that I'm thankful for our new family pet. The coyotes were already starting to move into the neighbourhood with the absence of the dog who used to roam here. Fend 'em off, Lacie!

I'm thankful for dentistry. Well, let's be honest: going to the dentist scares me more than anything in the world. EVEN SO, I am thankful that someone knows what they are doing when it comes to my teeth.

Joey and I celebrated our third wedding anniversary on the weekend. We were able to afford going to a hotel in the city for a couple nights. We still had to take Benji with us (he absolutely refuses to eat anything other than mama's milk - I'm simultaneously flattered and annoyed), but having to care for one mostly-immobile child felt like a break anyways. We ate at our favourite sushi place right in the neighbourhood of our first apartment and, just for a moment, pretended that we were newlyweds again. We were even able to go shopping with the numerous gift cards we had accumulated at Christmas! What a treat it was. I am SO. THANKFUL. for the man God brought into my life and for the three amazing years we've had together as husband and wife. 

Mostly, I am thankful for my Lord and my God. I know that I am prone to wander away from His presence, and His goodness to this lost sheep astounds me. I am always amazed at how I can call out to Him, and He answers - not audibly, and usually not how I expect. He truly does love and care for His children.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I'm also Andrea :) Found your blog through Sonya at Shutter Mama.. I'll be happily following along! {And I'm also participating in the photo challenge.. so much fun!}

    Andrea xoxo

    www.afamilyofwolfes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)