yet another pregnancy post

Friday, January 15, 2010

My timeline scares me…

I am pleased to announce that Joey and I are officially “ready” to welcome baby into our home! We made a trip into Winnipeg to get some last essentials, such as the AMP All-in-two diapering system, a functional diaper bag, and mommy-to-be necessities. I’m so thankful we have the money to buy these things. I think we’ll be nickel and diming it after this point, though. This fist year of marriage has made for a lot of money-spending—albeit necessary money-spending. I think we are finally settled—SETTLED! Hurrah!

Shopping is hard work when you’re 8-ish months pregnant. I don’t have very good feet to begin with, and now they are carrying X amount of extra weight, plus they are swelling like no one’s business. Needless to say, my feet are very eager to make their services scarce today. And it’s not just feet that make shopping hard. There’s a little human inside of me that not-so-gently reminds me of it’s existence on a regular basis by playing my ribs like a xylophone and bouncing on my bladder like a trampoline. I have a new found appreciation for janitors that take bathroom cleaning seriously.

Yesterday was also an anniversary celebration of sorts. We have nearly been married a year! I think I’ll post a more thorough assessment of this past year closer to January 31st, if you don’t mind. We figured that getting to Winnipeg in the next two weeks might be no small challenge, and I’d rather stay close to home base at this point. I’m determined to deliver in Brandon! Baby may have other plans, though. At any rate, we took the opportunity to go to our favorite restaurant, Yujiro. Yes, that’s Japanese. Yes, we ate sushi. And, yes, I ate raw fish. Gasp! Rake me over the coals, if you wish, but I’m not worried. I have a higher chance of getting food poisoning from McDonalds than from our sterile little restaurant. Our waitress, a small Japanese lady, made sure I was okay with eating what we had ordered, and I assured her I was. “Some people are too up tight,” said I, to which she nodded and replied, “when I was pregnant, I ate everything!” Anyways, it’s not like I eat it every day. This is only my second time this WHOLE LONG PREGNANCY. I was quite deprived of my delicious sushi, you see. And, oh my goodness, it WAS delicious! Joey and I basked in culinary bliss, reminisced on the past year, and gazed into each other’s eyes, thinking of……

Whoa! Got a little carried away there. Sorry about that.

That’s pretty much our day in a nutshell. I can’t end this post without sharing the amazing deals we stumbled across, however. Ahem. Wool sweater for Joey: $25. Brand new MEXX baby blanket: $5. Three classic literature novels: $35. Spending the day with the love of my life: priceless.

Okay, that was cheesy. Just couldn’t help it.

I leave you with a picture of our super sweet diapers.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)