the first look

Friday, March 11, 2011

That, dear friends, is a perfect profile picture of our sweet little Baby Nutmeg, rubbing his/her eyes with one tiny, perfectly formed fist.

That is proof of God's grace to my husband and myself.

That is a complete miracle.


---


There are no words to describe how wonderful it was to see this little baby today.  Although it's hard to tell from this picture, what we saw on the screen was very clear and easy to identify.  The first glimpse both Joey and I saw of him/her revealed two legs kicking kicking kicking.  We saw the little hands rubbing the face (as one is in the picture above).  We saw him/her react to the ultrasonic device.  We saw a close up of the nose and lips that looked almost like one of those 3D ultrasounds in detail.  I saw the little lines between the nose and the lips.  I could see a little fist clenching and trying to push away the intruder of space.  I could see the baby taking practice breaths.  We saw the soles of two little feet attempting to use my uterus as a trampoline.  The lack of movement I've been feeling was explained by the anterior placement of my placenta.  Even though I could hardly feel anything, we confirmed that this baby is indeed in motion.  

It has hit home.  There is another little human being growing inside of me.  Joey and I - we - are somehow contributing to the number of people on this earth.  Somehow, through the love we have for each other and the commitment we've made to be faithful to one another, we've been part of conceiving life.  For us, there is no greater earthly joy than this.  By God's grace have we conceived, by God's grace will this child be brought forth into this world, and by God's grace that child will find favour in His sight.    Oh, we are in need of so much grace - and we are so undeserving of it.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)