in which I've aged another day

Saturday, March 26, 2011

It's almost my birthday!

I seriously love birthdays. I blame the fact that I am an only child - I may or may not have been spoiled rotton. You can decide. 

That face? was for the Fox and the Hound. Pure ecstasy. 
(I was.) 

Now birthdays look much different.  Up until I was 18 years old, I never spent a birthday away from my family.  My first birthday away (at college) was rather traumatic for me. Now, however, it's been redeemed by the fact that I'm married and can always spend my birthday with my best friend, if not with my family.  

Joey made yesterday my birthday celebration day (overusing "day" FTW!). We dropped the offspring off at his more-than-willing grandparents' house and set off to the nearest city to do anything we felt like  (overusing "off" FTW!). We mostly walked around different stores we never find time to get to with child in tow.  Sounds enthralling, doesn't it? My new dining room chairs, blue-ray player, and tea set think so. For supper we went to my favourite Chinese food restaurant with some good friends, with whom we continued to visit until after midnight.

Did you catch that? We actually stayed out after midnight!  That's so... 2009.  

Anyways, it was a completely awesome day. Relaxing, enjoyable, and different from the usual. Check, check, and check! 

I love birthdays so much. Thank you Jesus for another year of life!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)