escaping

Monday, July 18, 2011

I kind of reached my tipping point yesterday in all of this heat. Summer so far has been a fairly balanced combination of hot and pretty warm, but still manageable.  I've been doing quite well at keeping cool, considering this 9 months pregnant business. Suddenly, though, it became unbearable. I'd feel like I was suffocating. I would sweat buckets all day long. My feet felt like they would pop with all of the swelling. Not to excuse my behavior, but I'm pretty sure my discomfort made me short-tempered and irratable.

So. Today. Today I have forsaken my (messy) house to enjoy the A/C of my in-laws' house. Joey gets the evening off tonight and I'm going to make a nice, home-cooked meal for all of us to enjoy. I will not be overwhelmed by the heat and I will actually enjoy these last few days of being a family of three. I'm not impatient yet, but I do hope this baby comes somewhere close to his/her due date... which is TWO. DAYS. AWAY.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)