some relatively unimportant, uninteresting words

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Day eleven. If baby doesn't come within the next three days, I will be induced. I'm hoping all it will take to start labour will be the smallest amount of pitocin, and then my body will take it from there. I've contemplated taking castor oil, but I've heard that even pitocin is preferable to what that can potentially do to one's system. My body is ready. All I need is some contraction action.

I've tried (almost) every old wive's tale regarding labour induction. I have concluded that my babies take longer to cook than 40 weeks. We monitored Nutmeg's heartbeat for quite some time yesterday and s/he was very, VERY active and responsive. The heartbeat fluctuated between 120 and 170 bpm. That sounds like a happy, healthy baby to me!

PS - "Contraction Action" should be a School House Rock song.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)