refuge

Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Where did this exhaustion come from? I seem to have gone from "WOO HOO NESTING!" to a complete lack of energy overnight. The last two days have been particularly rough. Thankfully, I've seen God's mercies both days when I put Judah down for what I knew would be a nap for me and likely an hour of boredom for him in his crib. Not so - both days he went to sleep without a fuss and slept for a whole 1.5 hours. That's on top of the 1.5 hours he had already slept each morning. Like I said, God's mercies.

I just feel like I am going to burst out in tears tonight. I don't exactly know why. I think it's the culmination of many tiny stressors throughout the day - and I just can't make the pain go away. I can't turn my brain off. I just can't do anything.

There's only one place I can go for refuge - my mind knows it, my heart craves it, my flesh despises it. Oh, God, give me the desire to seek your face.

1 comment:

  1. I think that maybe some of the exhaustion is from being 9 months pregnant, the heat, a toddler to run after, no hydro and hormones, hormones, and more hormones. Be kind to yourself, you are a wonderful wife and terrific mother. Relax, put your feet up (you know they need it) sip something cold to drink, read a book, and cherish these last few days (or weeks) of only one child keeping you busy. You will not be so free for many years to come, so enjoy. God is with you and always will be, He knows your cares and is there to carry to you. He also created you with all your hormones and does not expect you to be perfect, only to seek Him always which I know you do. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)