a time for everything

Saturday, July 16, 2011

A lady asked me yesterday if I was counting down the days until this pregnancy was over, or if I was able to take it one day at a time. I was truly able to answer with the latter. I may fill big, bloat-y, achey, uncomfortable, and hot, but am I impatient to end it all? Surprisingly, no.

In some ways I feel like life has been on speed-dial ever since Joey and I got married. We conceived three months after the wedding, had a baby shortly after a year of marriage, conceived again when our first child was only seven months old, and now, at nearly 2.5 years of marriage, we're about to have another child.

I am neither gloating about nor regretting the way our lives together have started. God's got different timelines for everyone, of this I'm certain. What has been impressed on my heart is how precious every season of life is. Why would I want to waste these last days together as a family of three fretting about and attempting to speed the coming of the next stage in our lives?

The last couple of days have been as Judah-centered as I could make them. That's meant that I've spent a lot of time playing with him and simply savouring the blessing of my big boy, my first child. He's going to change so much when this new baby comes. He's going to be the big brother - the one that looks out for his siblings. He's going to set the standard amongst our children, whether he likes it or not. They will look up to him and try to emulate what he does. My baby boy is about to discover what growing up is all about. It's come sooner for him than it does for many children. Knowing his temperament and easy-going disposition, I'm quite certain it will be a good transition for him. That, and I know God's is our strength, our portion, and our sustainer.

I am filled with wonder at this new little person inside my belly. I'm already anticipating the warm skin-to-skin I will get to enjoy. I can't wait to breathe in the sweet scent of yet another precious little baby. I am going to be amazed at how small s/he is in comparison to my almost-30-pound toddler (whom I still regard as small, thank you). I'll be startled by the newborn startles, hiccups, and itty bitty cries. All of these things have a nearly irresistible draw to me... but they will come in time. God knows exactly when this miracle will take place. I can rest assured in that knowledge. Until then, I will rejoice in the blessings I have been given and pray for the strength and desire to give those blessings back to Him.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)